The 3 steps had saved my life.
“Well,” said the doctor, “your friend just saved your
legs, and your life. We don’t need to amputate. And as healthy as these
tests look, you could live to be a hundred.”
“6 weeks ago you had about the worst case of Type 2
Diabetes I’ve ever seen. And now it’s like you never had it at all. It’s a
miracle.”
My wife clapped her hands over her mouth, laughing or
crying or both.
I want you to imagine what it felt like to hear the
doctor say that my diabetes had disappeared.
Suddenly, I had my whole life ahead of me.
I would never have to stick myself with painful insulin
needles again.
I would never have to feel like a burden to my family and
friends.
I could start eating my favorite foods again.
I could go hiking, or to the beach, or on any vacation
with my family and not worry about how tired I would get, or what food I could
eat.
0 comments:
Post a Comment